59. Which of these are the 5 generic software engineering framework activities?
a. communication, planning, modeling, construction, deployment b. communication, risk management, measurement, production, reviewing c. analysis, designing, programming, debugging, maintenance d. analysis, planning, designing, programming, testing Answer: Option (a)
60. Most software continues to be custom-built because
a. Component reuse is common in the software world. b. Reusable components are too expensive to use. c. Software is easier to build without using someone else’s components. d. Off-the-shelf software components are unavailable in many application domains. Answer: Option (d)
61. The nature of software applications can be characterized by their information
a. Complexity b. Content c. Determinacy d. both b and c Answer: Option (d)
62. Process models are described as agile because they
a. Eliminate the need for cumbersome documentation b. Emphasize maneuverability and adaptability c. Do not waste development time on planning activities d. Make extensive use of prototype creation Answer: Option (b)
63. Which of these terms are level names in the Capability Maturity Model?
a. Performed b. Repeated c. Optimized d. both a and c Answer: Option (d)
64. The best software process model is one that has been created by the people who will actually be doing the work.
a. True b. False Answer: Option (a)
65. Which of the following are recognized process flow types?
a. Concurrent process flow b. Iterative process flow c. Linear process flow d. both b and c Answer: Option (d)
66. Which of these are standards for assessing software processes?
a. SPICE b. ISO 9000 c. ISO 9001 d. both a and c Answer: Option (d)
67. The rapid application development model is
a. Another name for component-based development b. A useful approach when a customer cannot define requirements clearly. c. A high speed adaptation of the linear sequential model. d. All of the above. Answer: Option (c)
68. In the Unified Process model requirements are determined iteratively and may span more than one phase of the process. a. True b. False Answer: Option (a)
69. The waterfall model of software development is
a. A reasonable approach when requirements are well defined. b. A good approach when a working program is required quickly. c. The best approach to use for projects with large development teams d. An old fashioned model that is rarely used any more Answer: Option (a)
70. The incremental model of software development is
a. A reasonable approach when requirements are well defined. b. A good approach when a working core product is required quickly. c. The best approach to use for projects with large development teams d. A revolutionary model that is not used for commercial products. Answer: Option (b)
71. Evolutionary software process models
Are iterative in nature
Can easily accommodate product requirements changes
Do not generally produce throwaway systems
All of the above.
Answer: Option (d)
72. The prototyping model of software development is
A reasonable approach when requirements are well defined.
A useful approach when a customer cannot define requirements clearly.
The best approach to use for projects with large development teams.
A risky model that rarely produces a meaningful product.
Answer: Option (b)
73. The spiral model of software development
a. Ends with the delivery of the software product. b. Is more chaotic than the incremental model. c. Includes project risks evaluation during each iteration d. All of the above Answer: Option (c)
74. The concurrent development model is
a. Another name for concurrent engineering. b. Defines events that trigger engineering activity state transitions. c. Only used for development of parallel or distributed systems. d. Both a and b Answer: Option (c)
75. The component-based development model is
a. Only appropriate for computer hardware design b. Not able to support the development of reusable components. c. Dependent on object technologies for support. d. Not cost effective by known quantifiable software metrics Answer: Option (c)
76. The formal methods model of software development makes use of mathematical methods to
a. Define the specification for computerbased systems b. Develop defect free computer-based systems. c. Verify the correctness of computer-based systems. d. All of the above. Answer: Option (d)
77. Which of these is not one of the phase names defined by the Unified Process model for software development?
a. Inception phase b. Elaboration phase c. Construction phase d. Validation phase Answer: Option (d)
78. Which of these is not a characteristic of Personal Software Process?
a. Emphasizes personal measurement ofwork product. b. Practitioner requires carefulsupervision by the project manager. c. Individual practitioner is responsible for estimating and scheduling. d. Practitioner is empowered to control quality of software work products. Answer: Option (b)
79. Which of these are objectives of Team software process? a. Accelerate software process improvement b. Allow better time management by highly trained professionals c. Build self-directed software teams d. Both b and c Answer: Option (d)
80. SDLC stands for
a. Software Development Life Cycle b. System Development Life cycle c. Software Design Life Cycle d. System Design Life Cycle Answer: Option (a)
81. Which model can be selected if user is involved in all the phases of SDLC?
a. Waterfall Model b. Prototyping Model c. RAD Model d. both Prototyping Model & RAD Model