In this article, we are going to learn about HTML Introduction. Hope so you are interested to learn about HTML Introduction, so now without wasting much time let’s start.
You can also refer our video tutorial for same.
Now let’s start with this tutorial :
Introduction to HTMLHTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
HTML is a standard markup language for creating web pages that can be displayed in any web browser. We can create our own website by using HTML. It is a markup language that web browsers use to interpret and compose text, images, and other material into visual web pages.
In the above image you can see a web page that contains links, headings, paragraphs, images etc. These elements like headings, paragraphs, images , links etc are the html elements.
Now let’s take a brief introduction of HTML:
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
- Here by Hyper Text we mean a text that contains a link to another web page.
- HTML is a markup language not a programming language.
- A markup language is a language that consist set of markup tags.
- The tags describe the contents of html documents.
- We denote HTML tags by using angular brackets like <h1></h1>.
- HTML documents contain tags and plain texts.
- The web browser does not display the HTML tags, but uses the tags to interpret the content of a HTML document.
- The purpose of a web browser is to read a HTML document and composed them into visible web page.
- HTML is used to communicate instructions to web browser.
- It tells web browser that how the web pages should be represented to viewer.
What we need to start HTML ?
To start learning HTML, we just need two things :
- A Text Editor (To write HTML code)
- A Web Browser (To view web page)
You can use any text editor of your choice. For Example:- Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime, Vs Code, etc.
In the similar manner you can use any web browser to view your web page. You can use either chrome or Mozilla Firefox or internet explorer etc.
If you found this post useful, don’t forget to share this with your friends, and if you have any query feel free to comment it in the comment section.
Thank you 🙂 Keep Learning !